Are you thinking about a career in construction? Are you a hands-on learner? Do you like to travel and work with a team? Are you interested in earning above an average wage?
It can be hard to figure out what you want to do but Building Futures for Youth can be your opportunity to explore your options, earn high school co-op credits, apprenticeship hours, NSCC scholarship opportunities and get paid for your summer work placement.
Got more questions? Click for answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions, such as:
- How do I apply?
- How much will it cost?
- Will I need to buy any special equipment?
- What’s included in the training?…. and more
- Presentations will be made to students and teachers – September through December
- Applications are due by the dates listed below – December (typically prior to holiday break)
- Interview Preparation Workshops and Interviews – February through March
- Accepted students and their parents attend an info session – May
- NSCC Training week 1 – May
- NSCC Training week 2 – June
- Summer Work Placements – July & August
AVRSB Dec 21
CBVRSB Dec 16
CCRSB Dec 16
HRSB Dec 15
SRSB Dec 16
SSRSB Dec 16
TCRSB Dec 16
Please Note: CSAP deadlines will vary by the board they are located in geographically
Interviews will take place at a central location in your school board and will last approximately 20-30 minutes. You will be interviewed by a CANS representative, a school board representative and potentially one industry representative. All interviews will take place during school hours.